Are you too busy to exercise? You Too.


I have a small business. I consult with successful companies, help clients and write books. I have a small family. I'm married, and I have responsibilities. These are not criticisms. They are reality.


I have spent the past 15 of my years in the fitness business. I wake up every morning at 4:30, ready to face the day. To say that I'm ready would be an understatement. The choice of early rising is both a choice, and a necessity.


When there are no distractions around, I do my best work mornings. I also own a business which requires me to work at both ends of the country. I love my job. That makes my job fun in many ways.


My job isn’t in the gym. I don't work the gym floors anymore and instead spend my time between the squat bars. Although I still train people and enjoy it as much, I don't actually live in the gym.

Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights


They look at me like I am crazy when I tell them I couldn't make it to my gym.


Normally, this is not a problem. It happens to everyone. It happens. It's perfectly normal. It's even healthy. Even if you don't make it to the gym, you shouldn't feel ashamed. What happens when one day becomes two, three, four, six, eight, nine, twelve, or twelve?


It happens all of the time, and one morning we wake up and ask: "What happened?" And who's been shrinking all my pants?


That's exactly where I am at the moment. (Ok so my pants still fit perfectly. It is 4:54 AM. I look at my computer screen and ask, "What just happened?"


The short answer is: Nothing bad, even though it's what you've been told.


The Myth of the Fool

Proof Fitness Strategy

This is not the case. "7 Ways You Can Make Sure You Never Miss Workouts"


This is honesty. We blame everything, including lack of support, drive, and laziness. Although these are all possible causes of fitness failures, it's sometimes not the case.


In reality, I have never had a time where I felt more supported to achieve my goals. 6 weeks ago, my Getting Shredded initiative was launched. My wife challenged me to a fun challenge which I was delighted to accept. It went viral, so I started writing about it. Many wanted to join me on my journey. So I started a group where people could ask questions every day, and I would also answer their questions.


The Getting Shaved community has been one my greatest "accidents." They are amazing and their gratitude is incredibly satisfying. I receive daily messages like this:


I also wanted to say thanks for all you do. One thing that I learned is that there is lots of false information. It's great to know someone is trying hard to cut through all the rubbish to help people understand what's real and false. -Carrie


The site's information and motivation are amazing, it is really well done. This site seems to be the type of place where people should talk to one another. Excellent forum, man! -Garrett


This program is awesome! I am already losing 4-5 lbs. Great nutrition. The workouts and nutrition are fantastic. I keep getting better and can push myself a bit more each time I train. I am so grateful to have the opportunity of asking questions and getting the information from you. This is my favorite type of programming. -Tim.


Busy isn't an excuse. It's your life.

It wasn’t that long ago, I used to say "Being busier isn’t an excuse." My feelings haven’t changed but the meaning of this statement has. People who know me well will notice that I rarely use the "B." word. I find it a crutch. It's a joke, because we all are busy. It's true, we all are busy.


Busy is not a reason to be lazy. It's an unfortunate reality. We are all busy, and sometimes we have to let go.


Then we need to decide on our priorities and then make tough choices. We are the CEO and all-powerful of our lives.


In my case, I could choose to go to Gym or Queen of Born Fitness.


My wife is the one I choose over the gym.


My work can't be ignored in such a situation. Everything I put my name to is a representation and reflection of me. So I don't have any other choice but to push harder and do more than people expect. That is my formula for success.


It meant that my health and fitness were at risk. I wasn't thinking I was letting down those working hard. I thought I was selflessly putting their interests first by still checking in each morning, providing workouts, or offering my help.


However, as the days went on and I was not in the gym, I realized how selfish and harmful my actions were.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the closure of larynx exercises

Are You Too Busy for Work? You are too busy to work out?

Are you too busy to work out? You too.