Are You Too Busy for Work? You are too busy to work out?


I run a company, work with clients, write books, and consult with other successful businesses. I have a husband and a daughter. I am married and I have responsibilities. None of this is a complaint. They are real.


My entire life, the last 15 years, I've been in the health and fitness industry. I wake up each morning at 4:30am ready to conquer the day. That is probably an understatement. It is both a choice but a necessity to get up early.


My best work is done in the morning when there aren't any distractions. I also run a business that requires me at both ends to be on the ground. I love what I do, and enjoy working in the fitness field. My job is fun because of this.

Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights Lose Weights


But here's the truth: my job these days doesn't involve working in the gym. I'm no longer a gym floor worker and now spend my days between squat rows. I am still a trainer and it is something I enjoy, but I don’t live in the fitness center.


They stare at me when I tell them that my inability to get to the gym is a problem.


Normally, this shouldn't be an issue. People experience times when they are unable to train. It happens. It's not unusual. It's healthy. You shouldn't feel bad about missing a gym day. What happens when a single day becomes 2 days? A week? A month? Even a year?


It happens all day and one day we wake to find out, "What is the matter?" Who's been shrinking my pants all these years?


So that's me right now. (Ok, so I'm still wearing my pants. It's 4 :54 a.m. Now I'm looking at my computer screen wondering "What is the matter?"


The truth is that there's nothing wrong, even if you feel it.


The Myth of the Fool

Proof Fitness Strategy

This is not "7 Ways for You to Never Miss a Workout."


This is honesty. Sometimes, we blame others for things such as lack of support, drive and laziness. These are all factors that can lead to fitness failures. However, sometimes it is not possible to blame them.


Realistically, I've rarely experienced a moment when I feel more supported in my efforts to reach my goals. 6 weeks ago, I started my Getting Shredded program. If you didn't see it, my wife sent me a challenge which I was happy to accept. The response was overwhelming after I wrote about it. I was approached by hundreds to join my journey. To answer my questions, I created a Facebook group that allowed me to answer my daily questions. People could also follow my diet program and receive help.


The Getting Smashed community has been one the best "accidents" of my life. They are amazing people and their gratitude makes it so fulfilling. Everyday I read,


I also wanted a thank you note for your hard work. I've found that there is a lot bogus information. It's comforting to know that someone is working to sort through all the crap and help people find out what's correct. -Carrie


It is unreal how much information and motivation you can find on this site. This is the type of people we should be talking with. This is a really great forum. -Garrett


I must say, I love this program! I am getting slimmer, down by 4-5 pounds already. Excellent nutrition. The workouts I do are simply amazing. I continue to improve and am able go a little further each time I train. I'm extremely happy to be able ask these questions and get the information straight from you. This is far and away the most enjoyable programming I have ever done. -Tim.


Busy isn’t an excuse. It's just part of your daily life.

I remember when I used to say "Being too busy is not an excuse" not so long ago. But the meaning of that statement has. For those of you who know me, the "B” word is not something I use. It's a crutch. It's ridiculous because we are all busy. Every single one of them.


Busy doesn't have to be an excuse. It's a common reality. We all get busy. Sometimes, something must give.


This is when we have to choose our priorities first and then make tough decisions. We are all the chief executives of our lives. This means that sometimes, we make poor decisions just because there aren't any other options.


In my instance, I had the choice of Gym oder Queen of Born Fitness.


My wife will always win over me in the gym.


My work is not to be neglected in this setting. Everything that I put my signature on is a representation for me. This means I can only push harder and offer more than anyone would expect. This is my recipe for success.


My fitness had to suffer. I did not believe I was letting down my colleagues working hard. I thought that I was selfishly putting their needs first. I checked in every day, provided the workouts, offered my assistance, and was still there to help them.


But, the more time I wasn't at the gym, the more I realized that my seemingly selfless acts were potentially selfish and dangerous.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the closure of larynx exercises

Are you too busy to work out? You too.